Lifetime Dental in Brantford prides itself on providing personalized denture services that continue to exceed the needs and comfort levels of our patients.
What are dentures?
Dentures are natural-looking removable replacement teeth.
- Full dentures are given to patients when all of the natural teeth have been removed.
- Partial dentures are attached to a metal frame that is connected to your surrounding natural teeth and are used to fill in where permanent teeth have been removed.
Caring for your dentures
Dentures, just like natural teeth, require daily maintenance to stay clean and keep bacteria from growing inside of your mouth:
- Handle your dentures over a clean, folded towel or a sink full of water to limit the chances of them accidently breaking.
- When brushing your dentures, use a soft-bristled brush and gently brush the surfaces of the dentures, and rinse them after each meal.
- We recommended that you use a mild hand or dish soap to clean your dentures and to speak with Dr. Kim about which products may be best for you.
- Keep your dentures moist when you are not wearing them to ensure they do not dry out, lose their shape or even crack and break.
- Be sure to use a soft-bristled brush to gently clean your gums and tongue every day.
Broken, ill-fitting dentures can cause irritation to your gums and mouth, so be sure to contact us with any issues. If you are interested in learning more about dentures contact our office today, to schedule an appointment.